Ok, I guess Kyle figured I was getting slack on my blog posts so he tagged me to flex his blog muscles. I told him that this blog is my work in progress... therefore, my evolution but we know how men are... don't listen! Well, I'm an educator by profession and you know we are notorious for giving directions but we never follow them soooooo, I'll cooperate partially. I gotta make up my own rules :-) Besides, who am I going to tag?? I'm still a newbie blogger...
On to the Meme... (pronounced like dream. I had to research what all this tagging business was about and came across that word) Shhhhh... I'll let you in on a lil secret. I found a really good one on the Meme website that I'm going to get Kyle with!!
"List seven songs that you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they're not any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying now, shaping your spring summer. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag any other friendly bloggers to let them know they have work to do. They are to find one video or song that they think describes you and post it on their site."
Now, the responses for my tagged assignment... I LOVE all kinds of music and I have an old soul. Most of my songs are from back in the day and they are all over the genre spectrum. Oh yeah, I also go out of my way to find the remixes of many of the songs I listen to. You know me... Dare To Be Different!
1. "Planet Rock"(the Classic Mix) by Afrika Bambaataa and the SoulSonic Force
2. "Do Me!" the Bootcity Remix by BBD
3. "Twenty Minute Workout" by DJ Kool
4. "Shake a Lil Something" by @ Live Crew
5. "Faith" by George Michael
6. "I A'int Mad Atcha" by Tupac (Actually, I like the original song "A Dream" by Debarge that Tupac sampled on this cut. I listen to that version as well.)
7. The Hidden Beach "Unwrapped" Collection especially Volume 5.0 which was just released on June 24th. The Hidden Beach artists mix jazz with today's Hip Hop music. It makes today's stuff a little more "bearable" for me. Also, most of it is instrumental. I play music quietly in my classroom during the school year so I use these in my class sometimes. The kids stay alert without going overboard with excitement that could get them in trouble!
Here is the YouTube video for the new 5.0 release. I've been rockin it in my car since this past Sunday. If you haven't heard their music before, go to www.hiddenbeach.com and check them out. They have free sample downloads!
Beautifully Conjured Up
The Punkin Patch
Until next time, get back to work! We have people out there that need to get a good education!