Friday, December 5, 2008

Where I find my Spirituality...

Spirituality.

"Spirituality as a way of life concerns itself with aligning the human will and mind with that dimension of life and the universe that is harmonious and ordered"

Peace and tranquility. My sense of calm and comfort. A thought occured to me the other day, how and when do I really get in touch with my spirituality??

Hmmm. When I allowed myself to sit quietly and contemplate, I realized that I do not get a harmonious alignment of my human will and mind from activities such as going to church and participating in weekly bible studies. Sure, don't get me wrong, hearing the word of God in the midst of his flock is important but for me, that is simply another appointment on my calendar rather than a metaphysical connection. For the longest time, I wondered, is it just me?? I didn't get the whole shouting, praise dance thing that others displayed in religious services. As a lifelong scholar, I used that time to of course LEARN more about the WORD but...
it still wasn't a SPIRITUAL connection...

It simply wasn't the experience of connecting with the healing powers of my higher power...
So...
Where do I find my spirituality?

That was probably best answered when I figured out my dominant intelligence.
Intrapersonal.
Highly self aware and best served when allowed to concentrate on matters by myself without outside influence.

Inner Peace.

I am most at peace when I can block the influence of the world and just be allowed to meditate, focus and connect. A melodious quiet song in the background. A non cluttered environment. An honest time for reflections.

My spirituality is tied directly to Christ. I truly believe that. I simply have a different medium from the norm and before I really allowed myself to think rationally about it, my way of connecting was a source of concern for me.
Answers come when you least expect it. I don't know why that topic came to mind. I'll never know... but, nevertheless, it is no longer a source of anxiety for me.

“We need to find God and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. Nature - trees, flowers, grass- grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence... We need silence to be able to touch souls.”
~Mother Teresa

Until next time, I remain...
Simply Dione

7 comments:

Keith said...

Welcome Back D. I was wondering where you were..So glad to hear from you.

Dione said...

Thanks Keith! It's been mad crazy around here trying to educate these middle school kids! I see you're still cranking out those funny stories!

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

all intelligence is dominat maam

12kyle said...

heyyy buddy! good to see you back...briefly! lol

achoiceofweapons said...

Very nice Post! Happy New Year! Now get back to work! 8-)
Jaycee

12kyle said...

*waving*
hellooooooooo! sup buddy?

Escapism said...

hey im back! wanted to see how u were. i see ur still writing and its still hot like FIRE! let me know how u've been. PEACE!