Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A "Man" Apology




Hey, hey now. Far be it from me to pass judgement on ANYBODY. I am neither a judge nor jury and Tupac said it best; "Only God Can Judge Me." No way am I going to sit here and say Chris Brown was dead wrong for putting his hands on a woman. Correction, no way am I going to sit here and say he was dead wrong for putting his hands on a woman in a violent, life threatening way. I'm not going to call him less than a man because he should have gotten out of the car, walked away, held his composure. Uh uh. I won't say that as a grown man, HE SHOULD KNOW BETTER and just remove himself from the situation especially if his girlfriend did something to deliberately press his buttons. Note to Chris- Women do this. Ya know. Press your buttons from time to time. I'm not saying we have a right to do that but hey, if one does such things to you, you don't need to be with them anyway...
Obviously, he is trying to make amends and set the record straight and show us he's still a good guy. He even posted this nice apology video for all of us.



Ummm... Thanks Chris.

I'm not going to say you were dead wrong. There are plenty of other people who have done that for me...

On a brighter note, Welcome to Blogger to one of my dearest Sorors, Hesha! I can't wait to read what you have to say on your blog Dropping Knowledge!



Until next time I remain,

3 comments:

Keith said...

Hey my favorite Delta. Chris Brown was wrong...but if he's apologizing and willing to make amends..I'd take it at that. We all make mistakes from time to time..He's been universally condemned and I'm sure his career
has suffered. It's time for everybody involved to move on.

12kyle said...

Lol @ Keith calling you his favorite Delta. Guess I can call you my 2nd favorite Delta, huh? LoL

I could call Chris Brown a punk ass sucka for hittin a woman...but I won't...anymore. I'll forgive but I won't forget. I' ve moved on and I hope the punk ass sucka (oops) does the same thing.

Dione said...

@Keith- I'm sure Chris has suffered some consequences and yes, he deserves to get up and start over. I'm saying he needs to let it go and stop posting these lame apologies. Let the story go and move on. We have :-)

@12Kyle- I can live with 2nd favorite since women of Delta Sigma Theta are extraordinary anyway! I'll pretend I didn't see you call Chris a punk ass sucka...